Toggle menu

Complain about a care home

You may need to make a complaint about a care home if you're not happy with the quality of care you or someone you know is receiving.

Speak to the care home operator or manager first

All care homes should have a way to listen to your feedback and complaints. This may be enough to help resolve the problem.

If you're not happy with the care home's response

Contact Plymouth City Council directly if they are funding your care home.

If you're not happy with the council or care home's response

Contact your Local Government Ombudsman (opens new window). They investigate all adult social care complaints. It doesn't matter if you're paying for the care home yourself or it's funded by the council.

If you need someone to speak up for you

There are people called advocates who can help if you're finding it difficult to understand your care or you're not able to speak up.

Advocates can help with things like:

  • writing letters or attending meetings for you
  • supporting you during assessments and other meetings
  • helping you make decisions

Read more about how to get an advocate.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email