Iota Care Home
Based in Plymouth, we provide residential care and support for adults with autism / autistic traits and associated conditions.
We also extend our services to individuals in the community, supporting them in their work placements and leisure time activities.
Born out of a passion for providing the best quality support and living environment for young adults with autistic spectrum condition and complex needs, we proudly created a home where young people can develop their independence, have access to all manner of opportunities and be supported and cared for during that precious and delicate transition into the world of adulthood.
The home is a spacious Victorian style double fronted house, comfortably furnished and tastefully decorated to create a peaceful and welcoming presence. On the ground floor there are two large reception rooms and a separate dining room. A large kitchen is purposely laid out to create two preparation and working areas, enabling service users independence in domestic kitchen skills. Also on the ground floor is a small staff office with en suite shower and toilet facility. This bathroom is available for visitors with mobility difficulties when necessary.
A broad staircase leads to a toilet room, two bathrooms, both with baths, showers, toilets and sinks, and four large bedrooms. There is a small sitting room and a designated quiet sensory room for service users to use at any time if they choose.
There is a garden laid to lawn at the front of the property whilst the rear of the property consists of a garden / seating area with separate parking area, a storage shed and a garden / work store.
How we can help
- Individualised person centred planning for adults with autism/ autistic traits, complex needs, learning disabilities and associated conditions.
- Full support and encouragement to maximise independent living skills
- Supported to access their community in whichever way suits their interests
- Service users can receive flexible and varied individualised vocational programmes linked to gaining nationally recognised accreditation
- Be supported by an experienced, skilled and dedicated team
- Therapeutic provision delivered by a team of specialists providing sensory, communication and behavioural programmes.
- CQC Rating: Good See the report for the care home
- Contracted and Approved Supplier
- Day care
- Under 65
- Learning disabilities
Back to search