St Winnow Care Home
Located in Plymouth, St Winnow provides leading person-centred support in a community setting for 5 males and females over the age of 18 who are living with autism. Our aim is to be a home for residents, not just a service.
We develop self-esteem and the skills our residents need to live as independently as possible, working towards a level of independence which fits with their confidence and aspirations.
How we can help
- Three bedrooms and two communal flats
- Fully enclosed garden which offers a safe and tranquil environment
- Innovative person-centred support programmes
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Multidisciplinary staff team
- Close to local amenities and good public transport links including a bus and train station
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual's maximum potential to live more independently
St Winnow promotes Priory Adult Care's communication strategy, "Your Voice", which encourages individuals, based on their preferred method of communication, to voice their views about the support they receive.
Living at St Winnow
St Winnow is situated at the end of a cul-de-sac next to a public playing field in a pleasant residential area of Plymstock. Public transport links are good with Plymouth city centre just a short journey away.
The building is well equipped and features an office, activity room and laundry room. There is a large reception room, a separate dining room, kitchen, and conservatory.
The layout of the house allows people the chance to interact or to gain privacy when required. There is a lawn area at the back of the house and a securely fenced garden, which backs onto the open playing fields.
The house is well furnished and provides three bedrooms and two flatlettes for the people supported here. Two of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities with one bedroom having use of the main bathroom.
We have a daily activities programme at St Winnow based on individual interests and abilities both in-house and in the community.
With person-centred plans in place, our residents decide what they want to do, as well as through the discovery of further hobbies and activities. This includes visiting the local shopping centre and walking along the beach.
Other leisure activities nearby include an:
- Autism friendly cinema
- Local disco/karaoke at the social club
- Music sessions and local dance groups
- Swimming baths
- CQC Rating: Good See the report for the care home
- Contracted and Approved Supplier
Admissions and referrals
St Winnow may be suitable for those who meet the following admissions criteria:
- Individuals with autism
- Individuals with learning disabilities
- Individuals who require positive behavioural support
- May also have problems communicating
Our service provides high quality care and support to people with varying levels of need. Referrals can be made through:
- The individual's social services department management team or, if relevant, their Local Health Authority
- By the individual (or an appropriate adult acting on their behalf) who wishes to use direct payment, individual budget or who is self-financing
- 65 and over
- Under 65
- Learning disabilities
Back to search