Amano is a registered Disabled Students Allowance Non-Medical Help Provider based in Devon.
We deliver Specialist Learning Support, One-To-One Mentors and Assistive Technology Training to students receiving the Disabled Students Allowance in higher education across the South West region.
Access To West Devon Business Park
West Devon Business Park
Amano Technologies provides a range of services that include:
- Learning Support for Students with Disabilities in Higher Education
- Telecare and Independent Living Technology
- Help for People with Disabilities in the Workplace
Examples of Assistive Technology include:
- Voice recognition software that allows you to operate all aspects of your computer without using the keyboard or mouse
- Text-to-speech software that reads out what is shown on your computer screen or a scanned page of printed text, so you're not reliant on reading
- Large key, high visibility keyboards and screen magnifiers if you have a sight impairment
- Ergonomic mice and keyboards for those with impaired manual dexterity
- Tablet or mobile device used as a personal organiser to remind you to take medication, eat lunch or post a birthday card
- Digital recorder to record conversations or events, so you don't have to take or rely on written notes
Access to work
We are a provider of services and training for people receiving help through the Access to Work Programme.
Access to Work is a publicly funded employment support programme that aims to help more disabled people start or stay in work.
It can provide practical and financial support if you have a disability or long term physical or mental health condition.
Amano have expertise in assistive and enabling technologies. We advise on telecare and telehealth products as well as assistive communication devices. Amano can provide learning and workplace support.
Amano are ISO 9001:2008 quality assured - your guarantee of excellent customer service
We are the only Quality Assurance Group accredited supplier based in the SW region supplying under the Disabled Students Allowance programme.
Amano are accredited through the Plymouth City Council Support with Confidence Trading Standards scheme.
One of our Directors is a Council member with the British Assistive Technology Association.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- 26 to 64 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
Back to search