Lanyon House - Plymouth Charity Trust Sheltered Housing
Plymouth Charity Trust provides Almshouses At Lanyon House and Hele's Terrace near the City Centre in Plymouth.
In additional to being a charity, Plymouth Charity Trust is also a Registered Social Landlord with the Housing Corporation and a member of the Almshouse Association.
Administered by a board of Voluntary Trustees, and day to day admin and wardens, the trust strives to provide outstanding service for those in need of housing, taking care of day to day needs for the welfare of all of our residents.
Almshouses are unfurnished dwellings usually specially designed with the needs of older people in mind. The aim is to provide convenient and comfortable accommodation in a setting, which allows residents to come and go as they please. Almshouses provide security and residents are encouraged to make friends and to share a wider social life.
Our main objectives are to:
- provide affordable, suitable and safe accommodation for people on low incomes aged over 60.
- maintain that accommodation to the highest standards practicable.
- provide Warden assistance that will respond appropriately in an emergency but encourage residents to live their lives as independently as possible.
Am I eligible for housing?
The Almshouses are intended for Plymouthians over 60 years of age who are retired and in need. Prospective residents are interviewed by the Trustees to ensure they are eligible.
There is a criteria that Plymouth Charity Trust have to adhere to when finding a resident for the Almshouses which is:
- Residents have to be over the age of 60
- No pets, other than caged birds or fish, can be kept
- Residents must be able to look after themselves, with the aid of a care package if necessary, as there is no medical care provided.
- Contracted and Approved Supplier
Back to search