Volunteering and unpaid work
Volunteering can be very rewarding and is a great way to:
- meet new people
- gain new or use existing skills
- get experience
- make a big difference to your community
There are lots of easy ways to give your time to help others - from having a cup of tea with an elderly neighbour, to helping out in your local area or volunteering with a charity or community group.
Volunteering opportunities in Plymouth
To see what volunteering opportunities are available in Plymouth visit the Our Plymouth website.
The Plymouth Good Neighbours Scheme
The The Plymouth Good Neighbours Scheme was originally set up to support the mobilisation of Plymouth's voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors, empowering residents, businesses and wider stakeholders to play a key role in safeguarding those most at risk during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Plymouth City Council volunteering opportunities
- Good Neighbour Support Volunteers
- Volunteer with Nature and Parks (including Poole Farm)
- Volunteer in a library
- Volunteering with Community Connections Youth Services
- Volunteer at The Box
- Volunteer with the youth justice service
- Volunteering with Plymouth Information Advice and Support (PIAS)