Disabled Facilities Grant
A Disabled Facilities Grant can help with:
- Stair lifts
- Level access showers
- Widening doors
- Installing ramps
- Through the floor lifts
- providing a heating system suitable for your needs
- adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use
- Safe access to gardens
How to apply
To apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant please contact Livewell Southwest for an assessment by an occupational therapist.
- Phone 01752 668000 - for an adult assessment
- Phone 01752 307264 - for a child assessment
You can apply for a grant if you're:
- an owner or the tenant of a property
- a landlord on behalf of a disabled person
- parents of a disabled child
If you receive a means tested benefit or the grant is for a child you'll get a full grant to cover the cost of the works. The maximum grant available is £30,000.
If you don't receive a means tested benefit, you'll be assessed to see if you've got to contribute towards the cost of the work.
If your home can't be adapted
If your home can't be adapted due to structure, layout or cost, you may be able to move to a more suitable property.
A moving-on grant up to a maximum of £30,000 could be offered to assist with the cost of moving. If you don't receive a low income benefit, you'll be assessed to see if you've got to contribute towards the cost of the work.
The grant could cover:
- Legal expenses
- Removal costs
- Estate agent fees