Advice Plymouth can offer you advice and information on anything to do with benefits and finance including tax queries. Call 03444 111 444 during the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am to 6.30pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 9am to 8pm
- Saturday, 9am to 1pm
The Plymouth Housing Options service has been developed to support people who may be homeless, threatened with homelessness, or would just like advice on a housing issue.
The service may be able to offer help and advice that might include:
- Advising and supporting you to find accommodation in the private rented sector.
- Prevent you from becoming homeless by linking you to other services.
- Referring you to supported accommodation projects available in the city.
- Referring you for support to maintain your existing tenancy that could include tenancy support.
- Helping you to apply or bid for social housing through Devon Home Choice.
- Helping you to apply for welfare benefits where you are entitled, or to consider the impact on your household of the welfare reforms that may affect the amount of housing benefit, council tax benefit and other benefits that you receive.
If you are actually homeless when you come to the housing service we will give you more detailed advice and may provide emergency accommodation if you meet certain criteria.