Find a school in Plymouth
For mainstream schools, your child will follow the normal admissions process. You can find more information and apply for a school place online by visiting the School Admissions page or ring the School Admissions Team on 01752 307481.
- Nursery Schools
- Infant Schools
- Junior Schools
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- Key Stage 4 Schools
- Alternative Complementary Education
To compare schools in Plymouth just click on one of the categories, above, then onto the school and then the blue compare schools button.
Special schools in Plymouth
Places at Support Centres or special schools are more complex. To attend a special education school or centre your child will need an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Brook Green Centre for Learning
- Cann Bridge School (formerly Downham School)
- Courtlands School
- Longcause Community Special School
- Mill Ford Community Special School
- Mount Tamar School
- Woodlands School
There is more information about applying for a primary/reception, junior or secondary school places on the GOV.UK website. There is also guidance about completing your application form online.
Independent specialist SEN provision
If you consider that your child’s needs cannot be met be in any of the mainstream or special schools in Plymouth, there are a number of independent specialist education schools.
Further information and external links
- Choosing a school
- Apply for a school place
- Accept a school place
- Appeal a school place
- How we allocate school places
- 11-plus examination for school entry in September 2019
- Transferring school
- Agreed school admission arrangements
- School admission closing dates and late applications
- Independent specialist education provision, known as 'List 41'
Advice and guidance for children with special educational and disabilities moving schools within an academic year can be found on the In-year admissions guidance page.
Don't forget to
- Check to see if the school has an open day which you can attend.
- Ask the headteacher for advice and information on the school or book an appointment to visit the school.
- Visit the school's website, most will have a prospectus which gives more information about the school.
This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer.
This page was last updated on 12 October 2018