Skip to main content

Plymouth Local Offer

Going to university 

The transition from sixth form or college to University can be both an exciting and daunting time.  On entry to higher education, your Education, Health and Care plan stops. Alternatively, you can talk to the SENCO at your school or email the 0-25 Team via

There is a wide variety of support available for young people at university regardless of whether you have a formal diagnosis of a disability or previously had an Education Health and Care Plan.

Plymouth University has produced a detailed guide that outlines the types of support on offer to students with disabilities.  Examples include accommodation, assistive technology as well as frequently asked questions.  This information can be found by following the links below.

Whether or not you are intending to study at Plymouth University, this information may help you to think about the sorts of questions you will need to ask staff the universities that you have applied to.

The Disabled Students’ Allowance

You can apply for The Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) to cover some of the extra costs you have because of a mental health problem, long-term illness or any other disability.

If you would like further information about the DSA, read the information from Plymouth University and a short video from Student Finance England can be found below.

Plymouth Local Offer homepage

Image of a butterfly

This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer.

This page was last updated on 12 October 2018

Back to top