Apply for a school place
If you want to apply for a school place at a nursery school, you must apply to the nursery school direct.
If you live in Plymouth, you can apply online for a primary or infant reception/foundation school place for your child. Once you've created an account through the Citizen Portal, you can apply for up to three schools (your first, second and third preference).
If you want to apply for a school place at a school sixth form (years 12 or 13), you must apply to the school direct.
- Apply for a nursery school place
- Apply for an infant or primary (reception or foundation) school place for the next academic year
- Apply for a junior (year 3) school place for the next academic year
- Apply for a secondary (year 7) school place for the next academic year
- Apply for a key stage 4 (years 9 or 10) school place for the next academic year
- Apply for a sixth form (years 12 or 13) school place
- Apply for an in-year school transfer school place
- School admission closing dates and late applications
Advice and guidance for children with special educational and disabilities moving schools within an academic year can be found on the In-year admissions guidance page.
Don't forget to
- Check to see if the school has an open day which you can attend.
- Ask the headteacher for advice and information on the school or book an appointment to visit the school.
- Visit the school's website, most will have a prospectus which gives more information about the school.
Can I educate my child at home?
Yes, in some circumstances, you can educate your child at home. Find out more and view home education policy.
Related pages and services
- Find a school in Plymouth
- Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs)
- What schools are expected to provide
- School SEN information reports
This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer.
This page was last updated on 12 October 2018