Targeted Support service works with children, young people and families in Plymouth. We help in a number of ways, ranging from advice and guidance to a more structured package of support; ensuring families receive the services they need to remain safe and be successful members of their communities.
Our staff undertake specific pieces of work with children, young people and families such as:
- Evidenced based parenting assessments
- Crisis intervention
- Parenting work
- Keep safe work
- Group work
If you are a concerned parent or professional services provided by Targeted Support can be accessed via The Gateway by calling 01752 668000 or e mailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Family Intensive Intervention Project
To receive a service there must be a referral by a professional and evidence of chaotic behaviour and/or dysfunctional parenting which is having a significant and adverse impact on family life and the community.
- This team offers a whole family intervention of high intensity for up to 12 months.
- Families engage in a whole family assessment which looks at the needs of every individual within the family.
- Targets are set involving the family and other support services
- The team offers a coordinated package of support including specialists within the team who support families with issues such as; crime and anti-social behaviour and domestic abuse.
Rapid Response Team
Referrals to this team can be made by Social workers only.
- Rapid Response offers support to children/young people and families where the family is experiencing crisis which is impacting on the children, and/or the children’s behaviour is causing concern.
- Rapid Response work at short notice often with limited information provided by the referring social worker.
- Work is completed within a 12 week timeframe.
Integrated Early Years and Family Support Service
- Family support workers are based in children’s centres across the city and offer an assessment and support service to children aged 0 to 5 years and their families using a whole family approach.
- Work is undertaken in partnership with a wide range of services including the children’s centres and other voluntary agencies, health and education.
- We provide evidence-based assessments alongside support.
Data sharing and the information we hold
As part of our commitment to improving services we will also request consent to use information for statistical and research purposes.