Caring for someone can be a full-time job so breaks are vital to your own wellbeing and quality of life.
Our Respite service offers personalised support for people with learning disabilities and autism, providing respite a for them and their families. We can also offer respite support in your at your home, for short or long stays, or even, occasionally, abroad.
Our support is tailored around individual needs, providing bespoke packages. Our service also covers crisis or emergency support, should someone need somewhere to stay, or support at home, at short notice.
There are different ways in which you may have respite, as a carer. Only you will know what type of break is best for you. You may need an hour each week, a day here and there, a week or two for a holiday, or a combination of all of these.
Types of respite
Yourway offer a range of respite services. These include:
- RESIDENTIAL – where the person you are looking after goes for a short stay in a residential or nursing home
- DAY- SITTING SERVICE – allows you a break to go shopping, meet up with friends or have time for yourself
- NIGHT SITTING – where someone will come into your home to allow you to have a proper night’s sleep
- DAY CARE – where the person you are looking after goes to a day centre or takes part in activities away from home allowing you a break from caring
- HOLIDAYS – help and support for when you want to go on holiday by yourself or with the person you look after
What happens once I choose Yourway
When you choose Yourway we will visit you to talk about the support you need and how we can help. We will take time to get to know you – what you like and don’t like, and how you want to live your life. We will make a plan with you and agree:
- When we will provide support and how long for, such as days of the week, and times of day.
- Who will provide the care and support to you. We may already have staff working in your area, or we may even need to recruit a new team member especially to support you.
- Who will support you is really important – it’s your Respite, and you need to be comfortable and feel safe. We will give you as much choice as possible. We will also meet any other important people who support you, so we are clear about your expectations as part of your wider team.
For more information about Yourway, and how we can help you, please view our website and contact us.