The 0 to 25 SEND Statutory Assessment Team coordinate the statutory support for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN).
Mainstream schools, most of the time, will be able to meet the needs of a child with special educational needs.
In a small number of cases, Plymouth City Council will complete an assessment of a child’s educational needs.
This is to determine whether they need the additional support of a legal document that sets out what their needs are and how they should be supported.
This legal document is known as an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Related pages and services
- Communication Interaction Team
- Early Years Inclusion Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- Plymouth Advisory Team for Sensory Support (PATSS)
- SEND Children's Occupational Therapy Service
- SEND Strategic Advice and Support
This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer.