Social care and support jobs
If you're passionate about working with children and young people and keen to develop your career with a progressive employer, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or apply for one of our vacancies.
We are also currently recruiting to our ASYE programme. We encourage early applications from those in their final year of social work education. We have an outstanding training and development programme with protected time to enable you to attend. We ensure NQSW responsibilities are commensurate with your level of experience, and that NQSW’s are protected in terms of workload allocation. We offer family support worker options for up to three months for candidates awaiting HCPC registration, and for those who wish to gain, or further develop their statutory children’s experience before stating their ASYE.
Why work for us
- Great location - a vibrant waterfront city in one of the most beautiful areas of the country close to beaches and Dartmoor
- A consistently low vacancy rate compared to the national average
- Supportive and friendly teams
- Training, development time and regular supervision with a clear career path
- A career graded role profile from newly qualified social worker to experienced social worker to advanced practitioner
- A staff moves policy allowing you to move around teams without having to reapply for positions
- A commitment to maintaining manageable caseloads
- An excellent salary
- Competitive benefits package and work life balance - you could get up to £8,000 to help you relocate to Plymouth
Download the Book of wonder - fascinating facts about our city
Download the Relocating to Plymouth guide
What Ofsted say about us
- A clear professional development framework for newly qualified social workers and for those in years two and three after qualification. This includes a range of training and opportunities to gain advanced qualifications
- Our social workers act quickly when children need protection
- There are no serious failures that leave children being harmed or at risk of harm
- The voice of the child and young person is kept at the centre of all of our work
- Staff are skilled, passionate and ambitious and children and young people only become looked after by the Council if this is the right decision for them.