The Veterans' Advocacy People
For veterans and their families after military service. As an independent charity, all of the services we provide are free and confidential.
How can The Advocacy People help?
It can be hard to make the move to civilian life on discharge from the armed forces.
Knowing where to start and who can help can be overwhelming and things can go wrong.
All our Veterans' Advocates have first-hand experience of military life. They understand that the transition to civilian life can be very difficult and can support you when you run into problems. Here are some examples:
- accessing services
- securing housing
- applying for benefits and pensions
- making complaints
- take time to understand your situation
- help you decide what you want to achieve
- help you decide what you want to do and how you want to do it
- act on your direction if you don't feel able to take action yourself
- help you write letters and make phone calls to the right people
- offer advice or opinions about what is best for you
- make choices or decisions on your behalf
- provide legal advice or representation
Who is the service for?
Anyone with a military background and their close family members or partners. It does not matter how long was spent in service, or how long ago.
To find out if we provide this service in your area, view our service map
Who can refer?
You can refer yourself, or someone else with their consent.
Someone else can refer you, with your consent.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Everyone, regardless of age
Back to search