AbilityNet - A Digital World Accessible to All
AbilityNet supports anyone living with any disability or impairment to use technology to achieve their goals at home, at work and in education.
Digital Accessibility Services
- Our accessibility consultants and testers help businesses, universities, charities and many other organisations to design and maintain accessible websites, apps and other digital services.
- We have a range of industry-leading paid-for services as well as offering free resources such as webinars.
- Disabled Students' Allowances are a UK Government Grant to help any eligible student get the most from their higher education.
- Our expert Assessors provide one-to-one advice and information to identify technology and other adjustments that will help them succeed in their education.
Free Expert Resources
- We provide free factsheets, blogs, webinars and videos about the many ways that technology can help people with disabilities.
- My Computer My Way is our unique guide to the many adjustments that make your computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone easier to use.
IT Support for Disabled and Older People At Home
- We provide a range of free services for disabled people, their family and friends, their employers and other people who care for them.
- Call our free Helpline on 0800 048 7642 to ask anything about how computers can be adapted to meet the needs of disabled people.
- Our network of IT Can Help volunteers visit disabled people in their home to help with everyday IT needs.
- Technology can help people with all types of disability and impairment, but everyone has different needs.
- Our professional assessors carefully identify the mix of technologies and adaptations that enables a disabled person to be more productive at work.
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Brain injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Communication impairments
- Down's syndrome
- Hearing impairments
- Learning disabilities
- Mobility issues
- Physical disabilities
- Visual impairments
Back to search