Depending on your situation, you may need to pay towards the cost of your care and support, or pay for it in full.
As a carer, you may be entitled to one or more state benefits to help you with the costs.
A Disabled Facility Grant can help pay for home improvements so you can get about easier and remain safe in your house or flat.
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is extra money to help you with everyday life if you've an illness, disability or mental health condition.
Advice on running a bank account, planning your finances, and cutting costs.
Advice on understanding your employment rights, what in-work benefits you might be entitled to and how to handle redundancy
We may be able to refer you to Foodbank for crisis support and they might be able to help you with food, clothes for job interviews, budgeting support and advice on your individual situation.
Universal Credit has been introduced in Plymouth and has replaced Housing Benefit and a range of other welfare benefits for most working age people.
Council Tax Support is a local means tested scheme for people on low incomes to help them pay their council tax. Any owner-occupier or tenant aged 18 or over who is legally responsible for the council tax can claim Council Tax Support.
Income Tax is a tax you pay on your income. You do not have to pay tax on all types of income.
Benefits are usually paid straight into your bank, building society or credit union account.
The Government can help with childcare costs for parents. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support.
Dealing with money issues can sometimes be off-putting, but if you don't understand how things like credit or mortgages work, you could end up losing out financially or getting yourself deep in debt.
There are various options that exist to help you deal with your debt problems. These include bankruptcy, debt relief orders, debt management plans, administration orders, debt consolidation and Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs).
View the money and benefits directory of local services and organisations