Budgeting and saving
Advice on running a bank account, planning your finances, and cutting costs.
- Budget planner
- How to budget on a low income
- Smart shopping - simple tips and tricks to save you money
- Student finance for undergraduates
Running a bank account
Find out how to manage a bank account, from paying money in to keeping track of interest and charges.
See how you can make your money go further and use our Budget planner to discover how much cash you have coming in and what you're spending it on.
Student and graduate money
Help with preparing your child for student life, including tips on budgeting at college or university.
- Student and graduate bank accounts
- University Budgeting tips
- How to deal with student loan and credit card debts after graduation
Help with trimming your energy, home phone and broadband bills, and tips on getting holidays for less.
- How to save money on your home phone and broadband
- Council Tax: what it is, what it costs and how to save money
- Your top tips for buying and running a car
How to save money, types of savings account, and getting started with investing
- Savings calculator
- Top tips for choosing a savings account
- Do you need a financial adviser?
- Popular investments at a glance
How to save money
Work out how much you can afford to save and find out how to set and reach your savings goal.
Types of savings
Learn about savings accounts, cash ISAs, and how to save for children.
How to invest money
Learn about investing basics, how to make an investment plan, and understanding your attitude to risk.
Types of investment
Information about stocks and shares, investment bonds, tracker funds, with-profits and endowment policies.
- Unit Trusts and Open-Ended Investment Companies (OEICs)
- Investment bonds
- Ending your endowment or whole of life with-profits policy early
Main page source: The Money Advice Service