All about transitions
As we work together to improve outcomes for children and young people, we continue to identify that transitions are a time when there needs to be an enhanced level of planning and oversight, in order to make the transition as smooth as possible.
The SEND Code of Practice 2015 emphasises key elements involved in good transitions and these are relevant for all children and young people:
- Working with parents around transition planning
- Reviewing the support being provided in the current setting or school
- Good information sharing between the current and receiving setting or school
- Joint planning to undertake a supported transition
Early years Transitions to school
- Plymouth Framework For Enhanced Transition (PDF) [473KB]
- Transition Action Plan (Handwritten version) (Word doc) [126KB]
- Transition Action Plan (Electronic version) (Word doc) [135KB]
- Enhanced Transitions Early Years To School (PDF) [296KB]
Useful Transition Resources
If you have any other useful resources or links that it would be beneficial to add below, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com with relevant details.
Person Centred Approaches
This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer.
This page was last updated on 27 August 2020.