Toggle menu

Benefits, grants and funding

Benefits Grants and Funding Panel

Being a young adult, parent, or carer of a child with special needs can be both amazing and sometimes challenging.

Everyone needs a little bit of extra support at some point in their lives, and there is financial support available for you and your family.

In addition to the information and advice below, Plymouth has an Early Help and SEND Advice Line. You can book a conversation with a Family Support Worker to discuss worries or questions.  Just call 01752 668000, or email


Benefits and financial support if you're disabled or have a health condition

Links to all the Government schemes to help if you're living with a health condition or disability. Includes Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

View page (Go to Benefits and financial support if you're disabled or have a health condition)

Benefits, grants and tax credits

When someone with special educational needs and/or a disability turns 16, 17, 18, or 19 they become entitled to their own benefits and support.

View section (Go to Benefits, grants and tax credits)

Disabled facilities grants

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) are provided by a Local Authority to help disabled people to live more independently in their own homes where equipment and minor adaptations are no longer suitable.

View page (Go to Disabled facilities grants)

Blue Badge scheme for disabled parking

A Blue Badge allows people with severe mobility problems caused by visible and non-visible disabilities to access goods and services, by allowing them to park closer to where they need to go.

View page (Go to Blue Badge scheme for disabled parking)

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email