Toggle menu

Good health

Search condition and treatment advice from the NHS

Everything you need to know if you're not feeling well.

Health checks if you have SEND

Young people aged 14 years and above who have a learning disability (not between 14 and 17) are eligible for a health check.

Health transitions

Adolescence can be a time of major transition and upheaval for young people. One of the biggest disruptions and upheavals can be in making the move from Children's Social Care and Health Services to Adult Social Care and Health Services.

Find your nearest NHS service

Quickly find your nearest NHS service; view their contact and location details.

Care, Education and Treatment Reviews (CETRs)

Care, Education and Treatment Reviews focus on those children and young people who either have been or may be about to be admitted to a specialist mental health/learning disability hospital either in the NHS or in the independent sector.

Depression in children and teenagers

Depression doesn't just affect adults. Children and teenagers can get depressed too.

I am worried about my child's mental health

Organisations that can help you if you're worried about your child's mental health.

How can I make a referral for my child to access Community Health, Wellbeing and SEND?

Access uses a coordinated approach so that the right support services can be provided to help meet the needs of individual children and young people living in Plymouth who require additional support around Community Health, Wellbeing and SEND.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - Livewell Southwest

The role of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) is promote the mental health and psychological well-being of children and young people.

Community Learning Disabilities - Livewell Southwest

Livewell Southwest provides a specialist community learning disability service for adults with learning disabilities who live in Plymouth.

Community Nursing Service - Livewell Southwest

The community nursing service - what's sometimes known as district nursing - offers high-quality nursing care to people in their own home or nursing home.

Liaison Psychiatry - Livewell Southwest

The Liaison Psychiatry team is an urgent and emergency mental health service based at Derriford Hospital.

NHS Devon Dental Helpline

The NHS Devon Dental Helpline gives advice to people in Devon and Cornwall on where to find an NHS dentist.

Plymouth Children's Gateway

The Gateway should be used if you need help, information or advice relating to a child (pre-birth to 18 years old) or up to 25 years old if the child has special educational needs and disabilities.

Plymouth Children's Visual Impairment Network

It can be overwhelming when you first discover that your child has sight problems. There are often many professionals involved in your child's eye care, and it can be difficult to remember who does what, and establish what help or services are available for your child.

Plymouth Dental Access Centre

The Plymouth Dental Access Centre treats patients who are not registered with a General Dental Practitioner.

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS)

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS) provides information, advice and support relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) for parents, carers, children and young people within the Plymouth Local Authority area.

Plymouth Options (IAPT) - Livewell Southwest

Is the way that you're feeling affecting your daily life? Are you struggling to cope, feeling low, anxious or overwhelmed by your thoughts or feelings? Are you living with a health condition that is making you tired, frustrated and worried? You're not alone and we can help.

Severe Learning Disabilities Team - Livewell Southwest

The Severe Learning Disabilities Team is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of a Consultant Paediatrician, Occupational Therapist and Mental Health Practitioners.

Sleep Helpline

The National Sleep Helpline is run by The Sleep Charity, providing information and advice to people across the UK.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email