Toggle menu

Benefits, grants and tax credits

When someone with special educational needs and/or a disability turns 16, 17, 18, or 19 they become entitled to their own benefits and support.  What they are entitled to depends on whether they are still in education, are job seeking or claiming benefits.

Parent and carer benefits, and tax credits, can depend on the employment status of a young person with a disability.  However benefits and tax credits are complex and you may wish to take specialist advice about your own situation.

There are a number of organisations that offer help and advice for claiming benefits, these include


Plymouth Local Offer homepage

This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer.

This page was last updated on 10 December 2019

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email