SEND Children's Occupational Therapy Service
The SEND Children's Occupational Therapy Service provide support and services to children and young people (up to age 18) and their families, with permanent, substantial and/or complex physical disabilities.
26 West Hoe Road
We aim to enhance levels of functional independence by providing support to you and those who manage your child and/or young person daily activities and care needs.
Once a need has been identified we can:
- offer advice, information, signposting and support (e.g. managing your needs within the home, school, nursery environment)
- provide specialist equipment to assist with daily activities (e.g. specialist seating, toileting aids, shower/toileting seats, bathing aids, specialist beds)
- offer specialist moving, handling, risk assessment and advice (e.g. assessment for and provision of hoisting equipment and slings, moving and handling training, advice and planning)
- assessment for minor and major adaptations (e.g. grab rails, temporary ramps, stair lifts, level access shower area)
- undertake specialist occupational therapy assessments
- work with local health and housing providers to assess needs and provide appropriate support for specialist equipment, adaptations or re-housing
How to request support
For help and support from the SEND Occupational Therapy Service, please email AccessEarlyHelp@plymouth.gov.uk.
Information about our Occupational Therapists
All Occupational Therapists within the team have a recognised Occupational Therapy qualification and are registered with the 'British Association of Occupational Therapists' (BAOT), the 'College of Occupational Therapy (COT) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- 0 to 1 years old
- 1 to 2 years old
- 2 to 3 years old
- 3 to 4 years old
- 4 to 5 years old
- 5 to 11 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
- Physical disabilities
Back to search