Toggle menu

Good health

Search condition and treatment advice from the NHS

Everything you need to know if you're not feeling well.

Register your child as disabled

By being on our register we can keep you informed of what services are available and how you can get involved if you want to.

Help if your child has been diagnosed with Autism

Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is the name for a range of similar conditions, including Aspergers syndrome, that affect a person's social interaction, communication, interests and behaviour.

Health checks if you have SEND

Young people aged 14 years and above who have a learning disability (not between 14 and 17) are eligible for a health check.

Find your nearest NHS service

Quickly find your nearest NHS service; view their contact and location details.

How can I make a referral for my child to access Community Health, Wellbeing and SEND?

Access uses a coordinated approach so that the right support services can be provided to help meet the needs of individual children and young people living in Plymouth who require additional support around Community Health, Wellbeing and SEND.

Audiology Services - Derriford Hospital

Audiology is the science of hearing and vestibular (balance) function. The audiology service sees patients of all ages who have hearing and balance disorders.

Deaf and Hearing Impairments - Plymouth Advisory Team for Sensory Support (PATSS)

The term deaf refers to all levels of hearing loss in children, including a partial or total loss of hearing. This includes children or young people who have a hearing loss, hearing impairment or have glue ear.

Infant Mental Health (CAMHS) - Livewell Southwest

The Infant Mental Health Team is part of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.

Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Derriford Hospital

The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides specialist medical intensive care treatment for extremely preterm and sick newborn babies in the South West Peninsula, that is, Exeter, Torbay, Barnstaple, Truro and Plymouth.

NHS Devon Dental Helpline

The NHS Devon Dental Helpline gives advice to people in Devon and Cornwall on where to find an NHS dentist.

Plymouth Children's Gateway

The Gateway should be used if you need help, information or advice relating to a child (pre-birth to 18 years old) or up to 25 years old if the child has special educational needs and disabilities.

Plymouth Dental Access Centre

The Plymouth Dental Access Centre treats patients who are not registered with a General Dental Practitioner.

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS)

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS) provides information, advice and support relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) for parents, carers, children and young people within the Plymouth Local Authority area.

Public Health Nursing - Health Visiting - Livewell Southwest'

For all parents of young children, aged 0-5, your Health Visitor is usually the main point of contact if you have any concerns or questions about your child's development.

Visual and Sight Impairment - Plymouth Advisory Team for Sensory Support (PATSS)

Visual impairment is when your child has sight loss that can't be fully corrected using glasses or contact lenses.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email