Toggle menu

Good health

Search condition and treatment advice from the NHS

Everything you need to know if you're not feeling well.

Register your child as disabled

By being on our register we can keep you informed of what services are available and how you can get involved if you want to.

Help if your child has been diagnosed with Autism

Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is the name for a range of similar conditions, including Aspergers syndrome, that affect a person's social interaction, communication, interests and behaviour.

Health transitions

Adolescence can be a time of major transition and upheaval for young people. One of the biggest disruptions and upheavals can be in making the move from Children's Social Care and Health Services to Adult Social Care and Health Services.

Health checks if you have SEND

Young people aged 14 years and above who have a learning disability (not between 14 and 17) are eligible for a health check.

Find your nearest NHS service

Quickly find your nearest NHS service; view their contact and location details.

I am worried about my child's development

Organisations that can help you if you're worried about your child's development.

I am worried about my child's mental health

Organisations that can help you if you're worried about your child's mental health.

I am worried about my child's speech and language.

Organisations that can help you if you're worried about your child's speech and language.

How can I make a referral for my child to access Community Health, Wellbeing and SEND?

Access uses a coordinated approach so that the right support services can be provided to help meet the needs of individual children and young people living in Plymouth who require additional support around Community Health, Wellbeing and SEND.

Dyslexia best practice guidance

The Council and schools have worked together to produce guidance on supporting children and young people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties.

Audiology Services - Derriford Hospital

Audiology is the science of hearing and vestibular (balance) function. The audiology service sees patients of all ages who have hearing and balance disorders.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services - Livewell Southwest

The role of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) is promote the mental health and psychological well-being of children and young people.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Outreach Team - Livewell Southwest

A specialist and intense community response to young people between the ages of 5 and 18 years whose mental health state requires an urgent response.

Children's Speech and Language Service - Livewell Southwest

Our friendly Speech and Language Team is experienced in helping children aged 0-18 who have difficulty speaking clearly, expressing themselves, communicating socially, understanding others, talking fluently, or feeding and swallowing.

Community CAMHS - Livewell Southwest

The Community CAMHS team supports children, young people and their families from age 5 until their 18th birthday, who are registered with a Plymouth GP and where there are concerns regarding emotional wellbeing and mental ill health.

Community Nursing Service - Livewell Southwest

The community nursing service - what's sometimes known as district nursing - offers high-quality nursing care to people in their own home or nursing home.

Deaf and Hearing Impairments - Plymouth Advisory Team for Sensory Support (PATSS)

The term deaf refers to all levels of hearing loss in children, including a partial or total loss of hearing. This includes children or young people who have a hearing loss, hearing impairment or have glue ear.

Looked After Child and Youth Offending Team - Livewell Southwest

The CAMHS Looked After Children team is for children and young people aged 0 - 19 years who are looked after by the Plymouth City Council.

Neuro-Developmental Team - Livewell Southwest

The CAMHS Neuro-developmental team (NDT) offers an assessment to children and young people aged from 5 to 18 years who are suspected to have autism, ADHD or Tourette's Syndrome.

NHS Devon Dental Helpline

The NHS Devon Dental Helpline gives advice to people in Devon and Cornwall on where to find an NHS dentist.

Plymouth Children's Gateway

The Gateway should be used if you need help, information or advice relating to a child (pre-birth to 18 years old) or up to 25 years old if the child has special educational needs and disabilities.

Plymouth Children's Visual Impairment Network

It can be overwhelming when you first discover that your child has sight problems. There are often many professionals involved in your child's eye care, and it can be difficult to remember who does what, and establish what help or services are available for your child.

Plymouth Dental Access Centre

The Plymouth Dental Access Centre treats patients who are not registered with a General Dental Practitioner.

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS)

Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS) provides information, advice and support relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) for parents, carers, children and young people within the Plymouth Local Authority area.

Public Health Nursing - Family Nurse Partnership - Livewell Southwest

The Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) is an intensive support programme for girls and women up to age 19 who are pregnant and are sometimes facing a range of difficult circumstances, such as homelessness, social isolation, mental health issues, or unhealthy relationships.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email