Communication and Interaction organisations, links and resources - Graduated approach to Inclusion - SENCO Guide
Plymouth, Devon and Torbay Early Communication and Language monitoring tool
This tool outlines key milestones in speech, language and communication development to support identification of children's needs in the Early Years Foundation Stage as part of the Graduated Approach to Inclusion.
The purpose of this tool is to help assess a child's level of development in order to make informed decisions about what the child needs to learn and be able to do next. The tool can help practitioners to notice whether a child is at risk of falling behind in their development and supports early identification of the need for referral for specialist support.
- The School Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) Guide
- Using the graduated approach framework
- Plan and review
- Cognition and learning organisations, links and resources
- Communication and Interaction organisations, links and resources
- SEMH organisations links and resources
- Sensory, physical and medical needs organisations, links and resources
- SEND organisations, links and resources
- Frequently asked questions
Plymouth's Local Offer is organised into four main categories covering the following age ranges:
- Early years (0 to 5 years old)
- Primary (5 to 11 years old)
- Secondary (11 to 18 years old)
- Preparing for adulthood
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.