Plan and Review - Graduated approach to Inclusion - SENCO Guide
The Plymouth Graduated Approach to inclusion framework should be used as an electronic tool to support teachers and school leaders to identify, assess and record the needs of children and young people requiring additional or special educational provision. This framework is designed to support the identification, planning and recording of appropriate support and provides guidance for reviewing progress
The framework provides a structure to enable effective use of Plymouth's Local Offer. The Local Offer provides children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities, families and professionals, information in one place, helping them to understand what services they can expect from a range of local agencies (including their entitlements). The Local Offer covers provision for children and young people from birth to 25 and includes information about education, health and social care services.
This framework is in two parts:-
- Part 1: supports schools and settings with the identification of vulnerable pupils and those pupils with special educational needs
- Part 2: supports schools in planning to meet the needs identified in part one, signposts to appropriate resources and websites
This document is part 2.
- The School Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) Guide
- Using the graduated approach framework
- Plan and review
- Cognition and learning organisations, links and resources
- Communication and Interaction organisations, links and resources
- SEMH organisations links and resources
- Sensory, physical and medical needs organisations, links and resources
- SEND organisations, links and resources
- Frequently asked questions
Plymouth's Local Offer is organised into four main categories covering the following age ranges:
- Early years (0 to 5 years old)
- Primary (5 to 11 years old)
- Secondary (11 to 18 years old)
- Preparing for adulthood
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.