Person Centred Planning - SENCO Guide
Please see below a list of websites and resources available to support you with person centred planning approaches.
- Person Centred Planning slides from Joint briefing (gi.ui.mediatype.powerpoint) [277KB]
- Person Centred Planning - Advice for using person-centred thinking, planning and reviews in schools and transition (PDF) [4MB]
- Person Centred Planning - Autism Education Trust (PDF) [2MB]
- Person Centred Planning with Children and Young People - The Tower Hamlets model (PDF) [2MB]
- Person Centred Planning Toolkit (PDF) [5MB] (opens new window)
- Recording System Template (PDF) [659KB]
- Person Centred Reviews - Helen Sanderson Associates
Person Centred Planning
Person centred reviews
The child or young person's participation is actively supported within a person centred review so that they have a central role, having their views clearly represented and understood. Wherever possible, the child or young person should be encouraged and supported to attend and contribute to the meeting. Where this may not be possible they may choose to express their views though their 'Champion' or through other means such as a Power Point presentation or drawings and pictures.
Each review should be tailored to the child or young person's individual needs and situation.
Additional information, video clips and resources around person centred reviews can be found on the Helen Sanderson Associates and Family Footings websites.
Plymouth schools can gain further support around and training in the use of person centred planning from their Educational Psychologist.
Help and support
If you have any questions about SENCOs, please email SENAdmin@plymouth.gov.uk.
This page is part of Plymouth's Local Offer and was last updated on 4 May 2022.