Children 1st Mediation - Plymouth Mediation for Separated Parents - New
Family Mediation Plymouth is provided by specialist Family Mediators who are qualified and registered to conduct mediation with people who are separated, or separating and having trouble coming to agreement about
Children 1st Mediation is Plymouth's only city-based qualified registered Family Mediators, this means we are trained to support separating couples resolve issues for their children including:
- Resolve issues about contact
- Where and with whom they will live
- Make decisions about schools, religion or other important issues and any
- Financial issues resulting from the ending of a relationship including Pensions, property and maintenance
- Difficulties with children expressing resistance about spending time with the other parent.
We are also specialists in child-centred and child inclusive Family Mediation and all 5 of our Mediators are qualified to involved children as part of the mediation process. Only a few mediators in the South West are qualified to do this.
With your permission, the Mediator will arrange to speak to your child (Child Inclusive Mediation) and ensuring their views are heard in the Mediation. In our experience, this helps parents in making decisions in the best interests of their children.
Child arrangements are sometimes called contact and residence and includes:
- Where and with whom a child lives
- The time the child spends with each parent or wider family members
- When a child is expressing resistance at spending time with a parent, and where there is ongoing conflict or lack of communication between parents.
- Financial issues-such as Property, pension and sorting out debts and liabilities are all things we can assist separated people to resolve quickly and amicably.
Over 70% of people are now eligible for Free Family Mediation
It is no longer possible to apply to court about Family problems without first meeting with a Qualified Family Mediator for a MIAM - Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting. The initial meeting takes place with each parent on their own.
At the MIAM, the Qualified Mediators will help you as the parents to understand all of the benefits of mediating as an alternative to conflict and to avoid the need for expensive and unpleasant court proceedings.
We specialise in:
- Domestic Abuse Cases
- Child Protection Cases
- Parents in high conflict
- Child centred, Child focused Mediation
- Children will be enabled to have their voice heard in Mediation by a specially trained Mediator
- Significant experience of working with adults with learning disabilities
- We are able to work cross cultural and across borders- i.e. where one parent does not live locally or indeed even in this country.
- Everyone, regardless of age
Back to search