Toggle menu

Devon and Cornwall Police

Devon and Cornwall Police Panel


Does it feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon?

Is someone in immediate danger? Do you need support right away?

If so, please call 999 now.

If you accidentally dial 999, please stay on the line and tell the operator you're safe and that no crime has occurred.

Hearing or speech impairments

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service 18000 or text on 999 if you've pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

If you're a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can call 999 BSL to use a remote BSL interpreter.

Silent 999 calls

If you're in danger but you can't talk on the phone, you should still call 999.


Call 101 for non-emergency inquiries.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the textphone service on 18001 101.

Live chat

If you need an update on a report, please use the Webchat facility.


If you use British Sign Language (BSL) you can contact 101 using a Video Relay Service provided by SignLive.


You can report crimes online via

Report anonymously via CrimeStoppers

Contact Crimestoppers to anonymously report a crime or suspicious behaviour.



Is the information correct?

Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email