Disability Football - Devon FA
Devon FA is committed to developing opportunities for footballers with a disability, whether as a player, coach, referee, or volunteer.
Disability Football has grown in Devon, and there are many opportunities to play around the County, including many inclusive clubs for children, adults, and women's players.
Devon FA runs and supports a number of Disability Football initiatives across the county including:
- Devon Ability Counts Disability Football League
- Centres of Excellence for talented players with a disability
- Deaf Friendly Football Clubs
- South West Powerchair Football League
- Exeter Downs Syndrome Football Programme
- Plymouth Monthly Mental Health Football Tournaments (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Torbay Monthly Mental Health Football Tournaments (contact email@example.com)
Devon FA has also been able to support the development of Pan-Disability Football sessions in new areas across the county to localise Football opportunities for people with disabilities. This has been supported by the Disability Football Development Fund (DFDF) and working with FA Charter Standard Clubs. The new activities for adults and children with disabilities have been created in Pinhoe (Exeter), Devonport (Plymouth), Ashburton, Honiton (male and female), Exeter (Female), Exmouth, Totnes, Kingsbridge, Ivybridge, Torquay, Tavistock and Barnstaple (Female).
- 5 to 11 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Down's syndrome
- Hearing impairments
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health
- Physical disabilities
- Visual impairments
Back to search