Plymouth Life Centre
Plymouth Life Centre is one of the country's leading sporting venues, providing locals and visitors with a fantastic range of sports and activities to get involved with.
Start your fitness journey with us at the Plymouth Life Centre; we have a climbing centre, group fitness studios and swimming pools including waterslides.
We have one of the Plymouths largest fitness centres, with 150 individual stations, while our aquatic facilities are second-to-none. There's an Olympic-size main swimming pool, along with one of the country's leading diving pools. There's also a host of group exercise classes to enjoy, one of the country's best indoor climbing walls, a health suite and a versatile sports hall to enjoy as well.
- Innovative climbing zone with a 16-metre wall, aerial assault course, bouldering and abseiling
- Eight-lane indoor bowls centre
- 12-court multi-use sports hall suitable for badminton, five-a-side football, basketball, netball, trampolining and other sports
- One of the largest fitness suites in the city, with 150 stations
- 10-lane, 50-metre swimming pool
- Family Toddler Pool with flumes, 'beach entry' and bubble pool
- Top four diving pools in the country, also offering a moveable floor so it can be used as a standard pool
- Dryside training facility for competitive divers and other sports people, with trampolines, springboards, harnesses, crash mats and other specialist equipment
- Relaxing oasis with sauna, steam rooms and showers
- Multi-purpose areas for dance and martial arts, which can also be used for a crèche and soft play
- Youth gym, squash, training and studio spaces
- Public cafe
We have been working very closely with the community, local and national disability sports organisations and access specialists to ensure that the Life Centre is accessible for all users.
- Level access throughout the building to all facilities
- Independent access into both the 50-metre pool and diving pool, together with movable floors within the swimming pools to allow for competitive accessible swimming
- Accessible bowls buggies
- An 'Inclusive Fitness' accredited suite
- An accessible climbing facility
- Pool hoists
- Accessible showers
- 10 accessible toilets
Additional accessible parking is currently being put in at the front of the building to reduce the distance to the centre for those with mobility or breathing problems. This includes 30 accessible parking spaces.
In key areas throughout the building you will be able to see that there are hearing loops fitted to make things easier for those who are hard of hearing.
In each main changing area of the building you may see signs for changing places. These facilities have been designed with fully automated adjustable beds and ceiling hoists to help people with physical difficulties to enjoy the centre. If you need to access one of these rooms or remote controls for the beds and hoists please ask a colleague who will be happy to help.
Alternatively throughout the building you will find accessible toilets specifically designed with wheelchair users in mind.
All signs and buttons have brail alongside them to help those who need it get around the facility easily.