Two Trees Care Home
Two Trees Caring Home is registered to support up to 28 people with a learning/physical disability. Our staff are also trained to support those requiring peg feeding and those with Dementia. We are one of the longest established homes within Plymouth being run by the same family since 1978.
31 Milehouse Road
Two Trees is housed over three large houses that interlink allowing easy access to each floor including the use of a passenger lift and stair lift. We have 28 bedrooms many of which are ensuite with bath/shower rooms, some have hoist facilities either ceiling or mobile hoists. All bedrooms are individually decorated to the residents requirements. We also have a large garden area which is wheelchair accessible which residents and family/visitors have access to at all times. Two Trees also has 2 minibuses which can be made available should residents choose this option, both mini buses are wheelchair accessible.
Two Trees is only one mile from the city centre and is accessible via regular public transport. We are a short walking distance from the local shopping village and a large park area which is now home to the Plymouth Life Centre. The local pub is also a very short distance away offering food and beverages.
Our service specialises in supporting adults aged 18+ with learning/physical disabilities to live their lives to the full with support from our fully trained staff team ensuring individual needs are met through person centred planning etc. We are accredited with St Luke's Six Steps end of life programme and are trained to give care with peg feeding and Dementia. Our staff will positively encourage the individual, enabling them to grow in confidence within a welcoming, friendly home life whilst maintaining their independence.
How we can help
- Family, friendly atmosphere with an open door policy for family and friends to visit / contact.
- Long term care that aims to provide a home for life including any adaptations required to support any changes in needs if that is what the resident/family wishes.
- Our staff are trained to support those requiring peg feeding.
- Our staff are trained to support those with Dementia.
- Our staff are trained to use different forms of communication including Makaton.
- Assistance with personal care and encouragement to keep their daily living skills.
- In house activities using our newly set up pottery room/arts and crafts room with the assistance of our full time activity co-ordinator.
- Traditional homemade meals and snacks available from our inhouse cook with varied daily menus including pictures to enable easy choices to be made with the residents input on menu planning.
- Regular resident meetings to ensure individuals get the chance to voice any concerns/ideas regarding their home ensuring safety and happiness at all times.
- Day trips such as The Eden Project and holidays to Newquay, London and Portsmouth.
- Residents enjoy many Theatre trips during the year including pantos and hit musicals
- Residents are involved in recruitment and selection of staff to support them.
- Residents enjoy arranging and participating with in house charity fund raising events for major charities.
- Support to participate in community groups such as weekly music/dance sessions and community clubs.
- Promotion of confidence and encouragement to make decisions including the individual rights and responsibilities and maintaining independence.
- Support in accessing Healthcare using their current provider or making use of professionals in house such as regular Dental checks, Eye checks and Chiropody.
- Encouragement to access outside services such as local Hairdressers or Barbers.
- Residents and family members are also involved in care plans and risk assessments in accessible formats.
Specialisms and services
- Accommodation for persons who require nursing or personal care
- Caring for adults under 65 yrs
- Learning disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Sensory impairments
Quotes and testimonials
Here are some feedback comments received from family members and professionals.
"A friendly, homely well run home which always feels like a very happy family. I am always struck by the happy atmosphere prevailing."
"The constant care and attention my daughter receives from all the staff at Two Trees is excellent and I know that she is being well looked after."
"My brother has been a resident at Two Trees for over 30 years or so. From day one to the present day the care has been of the highest possible standard."
"My brother who has learning disabilities and recently been diagnosed with Dementia is always well cared for. There is never a moment that passes that I wish that he could be in better hands. The care here is excellent. Thank you."
"I have been GP to most of the residents for over 20 years. The staff are very caring and professional creating a very friendly atmosphere like a large extended family. I have the utmost confidence in their ability."
"Excellent caring staff who have a good understanding of their clients and their needs."
"A friendly atmosphere where people are cared for in a very professional and personal manner. I go to many homes of all types - this one is one of the best ones."
"Always find staff very helpful when I visit."
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
- CQC Rating: Requires improvement See the report for the care home
- Dementia Quality Mark
- Contracted and Approved Supplier
- 65 and over
- Under 65
- End of life care
- Learning disabilities
- Physical disabilities
Back to search